Tutorials

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Craft Group - Rainbow Spring Birds

'tis Wednesday again, how the weeks are whirling along!
I invited guest crafters to come to us this week and while I stressed about how many people would turn up and if it would be worthwhile for my guests, I really enjoyed being so carefree and just doing some needle felting and stitching!
Nikki and Mia from 'down the coast' who run the parent craft group at Silkwood school (and who have the blog Time 4 Craft at Toadstool house) were on the road and heading out to our valley at 7:30 this morning to make these little treasures

I am so grateful to them, for their time, travel and generosity in sharing this sweet mother and baby bird with us. Mine is not quite finished; I almost never get anything actually finished at craft group!

Edited to add:
Finished it last evening and here they are brightening up our little spring table.


13 comments:

Linda said...

How adorable are these little birds!
xo

TwigandToadstool said...

Oh I just LOVE them! I feel an overwhelming need to rainbow dye some felt!
xo maureen

W-S Wanderings said...

I *love* the brightness of these birds. Such happy colourful exotic feathered friends! I'm with Maureen on the rainbow felt dyeing project. I've put it on the back burner for far too long!

Kimara said...

So, so cute! And of course the rainbow felt makes the bird's simple design spectacular! I'll be linking on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! What materials did you use?

Kat said...

I love your blog!! How do I subscribe via email? Would you add a free Feedburner "subscribe via email" button? If so, please let me know. :) My email is katkirkwood@gmail.com

S said...

They are stunning aren't they! I'm thinking of hanging ours on the Christmas tree (yep finished it last night).
Loveinthe'burbs the mother bird is made from a commercial grade felt so it is quite thick (about 5mm or more) and I am not sure where you get it, I'll see if I can find out. the baby is just your average stuff.
Kat..i'll have a look and see if I can, i am not very techo savy!

TwigandToadstool said...

Shannon...I can't find an e-mail address to ask you this, but I was just curious, how does your Wednesday craft group work? Do you pay a fee to be involved and if so around how much? (to cover materials? or materials and time)?
I'm curious as I'd just love to have something like this up in my neck of the woods.
xo maureen
valleyvixen@mail.com

Amber said...

Please, please, Shannon, would you please do a tutorial for this one? Thank you for all your generosity with your tutorials. You have given me heaps of is inspiration!

S said...

I don't think I can Amber, it is not my pattern... I'll ask Nikki and Mia maybe they will do one on their blod and I can link back to them?

Amber said...

Thank you! I would really appreciate you asking them!

Brynn said...

These are beautiful! I love them. Now I need some rainbow dyed felt. :)

tree said...

Oh my! i love these! Looks like they would be the perfect craft to welcome spring. i must tuck this post away, and bring it out when the world starts to become green again! SO lovely!