Tutorials

Thursday, June 9, 2011

There is nothing like a cup of tea

on a cold grey day (especially when my mood is matching the sky)...

My Yarrow plant is flourishing and on the way home from playgroup I picked some new leaves from the Lemon Myrtle tree in Vicky's yard.

Lemon Myrtle is a Queensland rainforest tree; which seems quite at home in Brisbane. When the leaves are crushed in your hand they release the most amazing aroma of strong lemon which is so wonderful to inhale.

Snip some up, plonk it in your teapot, pour on boiling water and let it steep for a bit.

I woke this morning with a cold, and I am feeling less than enthuiastic about everything really. The day has been bitterly cold, a sure sign that winter is around the corner... the solstice only a week or so away.

While waiting for these pictures to upload I did a quick google and found that among a hord of fabulous properties Yarrow  is a geat herb to fight colds and Lemon Myrtle strengthens the immune system. So there you go not only does it make me warm inside but it is good for me too.

4 comments:

karen said...

mmm, yes were deffinately heading into tea weather! Mine tea of choice is peppermint today

Linda said...

Thanks so much for sharing this dear friend. I do hope you feel better soon. It is freezing here in South Africa too and we are having so much rain which is unusual for our inland winters.
Love to you,
Linda

Natalie @ the little gnomes home said...

How lovely....home made tea. I hope it did the trick and you are feeling well again x

W-S Wanderings said...

Mmmmmm...yarrow is one of my favourites to wildcraft. We are supposed to be moving into summer, but I'm not sure that spring has actually arrived yet.