Tutorials

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Is it possible for a candle to have more than two ends?


because if it is, I've got all of them burning!
I am so utterly exhausted and i have so much to do and the dealines are gaining momentum...

the big girl stayed home from school today because i just couldn't face a lunch box challenge and the drive to school (i stayed in bed, with my head under the pillow, moaning. She got up fed the baby and played with her til it she got grumpy and then brought her to me, I fed her and then the wee one and I went back to sleep. My beautiful big girl watched (cover your ears.. i am going to blush.) Hannah Montanna the movie and when i woke at 09:30 i was much more able to face the day)

THEN after a quick tidy up we went to the nearest big shopping centre and found one of those walk in massage places and i had a half hour shiatsu massage on my shoulders, back and head OH my! i feel like a new woman.

THEN after two and a half years of saying i am going to do that next week - we picked up our first box of   Food Connect produce; it is just so exciting and yummy!


About two and a half years ago I met the founder of Food Connect through his stunning and inspirational partner; who was pregnant with their child and i was so very lucky to be their midwife. Their parenting journey is a wonderful story in itself but today it is all about the food.

in our box we got...
mushrooms, corn, broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower, basil (oh my the wonderful aroma in my kitchen), baby, eggplant, potatoes, beetroot, turnips, bok choy, kiwi fruit, bananas, apples, lemons, oranges, mandarins, lemonade fruit and avocados.

Plus i got extras...organic turkish bread, the cheese box, olives and honey...we did a bit of face stuffing while we unpacked - piggy girls we are.

And the best bit? i didn't have to go anywhere near a supermarket. I just popped half a dozen or so streets over to my nearest city cousin (who turns out to be a woman i know and has a baby my girl's age) opened the boot put in my loot and drive home again. ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Food Connect is an award winning social business that works in collaboration with local farmers around Brisbane to deliver the best food efficiently, affordably and equitably. Food Connect’s aim is to supply local, sustainably produced food to the community. Delicious seasonal produce comes from local farmers living within a five hour radius of Brisbane who are paid a fair price for their hard work and who are encouraged to farm using the most sustainable methods possible.

For those who are interested - Food Connect Sydney and Adelaide are open for business! As with Food Connect in Brisbane, these community shared agriculture (CSA) enterprises connect local farmers with city folk. Visit Food Connect Sydney or Food Connect Adelaide to find out more information and become a subscriber.
the wee girl enjoying some of this week's harvest.

3 comments:

mm said...

So that's where the wee girl got her avocado yesterday!
Careful to use the basil quickly, else your kitchen will smell like cat wee and you'll blame those poor boys before you work it out!
xx

Rebecca said...

Yes it is possible to burn a candle from both ends... the one here has almost met in the middle. And as much as I too cringed at Hanna Montana, How to Tame your Dragon has become slightly worn out here of late... Have missed you! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on your world more often now - assignments are over for this semester - yay! Love the produce - what a great idea. Bit like the old fashion co-op idea. Lovely. XX

Roseypekin said...

Wow Shannon I didn't know you had subscribed - woohoo and welcome to our little community of goodness!!!