Tutorials

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday Craft Group - Rainbow sun dyeing

Wow what a week...I have been at the computer all sorts of crazy hours madly writing for my job at the uni and haven't had a chance to look up BUT craft must go on!

Today we dyed felt ~ rainbow style. The most wonderful Avril came and gave her time and skill (she said it was the blind leading the blind...but I for one think she leads very well!)

We used cold water dyes and the the heat of sunshine set the colours
 ~ it was great fun and so relaxing for me!

And to top off my morning, on the way home I saw a little spring kid and his mum. So cute!

ps ~ I have finally written the instructions for the kangaroo - you can find them and the pattern here.
The Spring festival is next week so there will be no craft group but I hope to have some beautiful pictures for you. Then the school holidays are on (yay!) and we are off on a big adventure so no craft for a month!
I'm sure I'll find something to blog about tho, busy stitching a dragon for a birthday gift and a few other little things...

3 comments:

W-S Wanderings said...

Such wonderful rainbow felt! I've been wanting to do that for awhile now. Perhaps I have found this weekend's crafty fun. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

Heather said...

What a wonderful project to do, and the felt just came out beautifully. Thank you for the inspiration

Bending Birches said...

ohhh looks so lovely!