Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday gifts from the hook

A couple of my favourite people had birthdays this week ~ running with my new year resolution I crocheted gifts, from patterns! Oh how clever I feel.

My good friend aka 'The Mama' has more than a little hippy in her bones so I made her 'the hippy scarf' from the book Stitch and Bitch Crochet ~ The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller, it seemed fitting.
This morning I asked my big girl if she would model it for me before I wrapped and posted it. Her wee sister kept jumping on her and making her wiggle so it was not the most successful photo shoot to date!


And today I will gift this hat to a woman whose friendship here in Queensland is most precious and I cannot express my gratitude enough. I even made the button!


This pattern is the 'Chloe cap' by Mandy Sybrowsky of LittleBirdieSecrets.com She has a fab etsy shop with many more at msybrowsky.etsy.com

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a gorgeous scarf my dear friend! I must have a look at that book, thanks for the link! I love the hat AND the handmade button, you are so clever:)
Love
Linda

Anonymous said...

OH and did your QLD friend tell you how much she loves her new hat!! Oh she does xxx Now if I could just have some cooler weather please I will wear it with pride!! I feel very honoured to have one of your first master pieces.....so thank you it will be treasured! oh did I tell you I LOVE IT xxxx ME

Shannon said...

Thank you Linda - you are a bit clever yourself!

Q'lander - I am blushing xx

Posie Patchwork said...

Totally fabulous work & the button detail on the hat is so lovely!! Love Posie

Tolentreasures said...

That scarf is beautiful! Reminds me of the 60's. Great job!

Cathy

Shannon said...

Thank you Posie and Cathy - I am so new to the world of crochet...tis wonderful fun!

The Mama. said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! I loveit! I love it! I love it!

I'm going to be stalking the postie now!!!!

Mwah! to you! And Mwah to yours!

I miss you. I want you nearer to me.
XXXX