I began on Sunday, February 13, declaring that I would devote two hours a day to the project. Since then I have cut and sewed 1716 blocks, 16.3m of borders and 8.1m of binding. I think I used several kilometres of thread and my machine is due for a service! I pretty much kept to my promise (to myself) that I would sew every day; often for far longer than two hours...tho I did have two weeks off this month while we were away. I am SO glad it is finished and with three days to spare.
I will put it over her late on Wednesday night while she sleeps, she will wake up on her birthday morning all snuggled and warm in her mummy's love. (After that I will post you some pictures).
With the quilt done I have time to do other stuff; today I had a little 'nanna nap' in the afternoon (what bliss).
This morning I knitted down to the first cable twist on the Milo vest I am making for the wee girl's birthday in July. I am a bit pleased about my progress because I actually bought the wool about this time last year...didn't get round to casting on til now tho.
I have also finished Hedwig (aka Harry Potter's owl) which I started last week at craft group.
I am a bit excited about my sudden bounty of 'free time' ...tho my beloved suggested that I finished the cross stitch that has been in the cupboard (on and off) for about 18 years.. it might be closer to the two decade mark; maybe I will...