Tutorials

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pyjama Party

A week or two ago the big girl's piano teacher had piles of quality clothes all over her music room, she said she was clearing cupboard space and was asking just $2 an item. We found four beautiful little cardigans that fit nicely, a pretty skirt and a pair of funky PJs.. think we spent $12.

Now the big girl is not as long in the leg as a ladies size extra small and the shirt from the PJ's was never going to fit (besides a t-shirt is much more comfy to wear to bed than a shirt) so I hemmed the pants for her - draw string waist so no problem there.

I grabbed a pair of PJ pants from the wee one's drawer and set about making a matching sister pair.


I think it took less than an hour from inception to done. No hems either because I used the bottom of the shirt for the bottom of the pants!


They are cute yes?

When the pants were done, I still had two sleeves of fabric left... hmmmm


A bedtime sleeping companion of 10 years deserves a new pair of PJs every now and then too don't you think? (I made some for the wee one's doll too but she won't get the doll or its pants til her birthday)

3 comments:

W-S Wanderings said...

Wonderful! Happiness multiplied. I just love doing things like this too, especially when it means there is no hemming involved.

Now I wanna sew. Wait, no, maybe I should just do a blog post about a bit of sewing that I did recently. Or maybe I should just go to bed. Bed sounds good. Stop making me want to sew already!

Anonymous said...

Loving all those matching pj's!!! I'm not really good at sewing, but this post makes me want to go find some cute fabric and make a pair for my kids and I :)

Stacey said...

How cute! Love the matching pj's...it's been a while since I've commented so I need to say how much your girls have grown!!!