Tutorials

Monday, June 11, 2012

Tween in the house



My big girl is now a tween.. I had a little cry - a crazy happy can hardly believe it type cry. Her birth was an absolute stand out incomparable moment in my life, so many emotions and sensations crammed into seconds and then the mothering began..

 

So last Saturday, about an hour short of exactly 11 years since I first heard her voice, I raised a glass full of fine Australian Sparkling, met her daddy's eyes, took a sip and smiled.

 Happy birthday sweetheart. x


3 comments:

W-S Wanderings said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful 11 year old! And birth*day to you too, proud mama. The tween years are a blast. A sweet taste of the teen years to come (which I gotta say, I am LOVING).

Dawn said...

i can feel you on this one mama --- i have tween and a teenager of my own and 5 little wee ones that i care for everyday here in my waldorf dayhome in Canada... it is so bitter sweet ... light and magic your way ....
your blog is a lovely space ... found you through pintrest.... so grateful i did ....

Little Dotty Bird said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter! It is scary how the years seem to pass so quickly, its good to pause and reflect. :)