Tutorials

Monday, November 8, 2010

Because every little girl should feel like a princess on her birthday

I made this for an extra special little one who just turned four
Unfortunately I don't have a model the right size for a picture but I hope that when it arrives her mum might send me one of her twirling in it.

These little skirts are super simple to make and only a little bit fiddly. They do involve quite a few metres of tulle but tulle can be fun if you don't have to actually sew it!

Special thanks to Grosgrain for not only the inspiration but the know how in her midsummer night's dream tutorial.

Here is my little edit, to add pictures ~


9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! I have tears in my eyes! You are GORGEOUS! She just looked at it (I didn't tell her it was for her) and said "Ooooh mummy! I'd really like to wear one of those!".

LOVE YOU!
XXXX

S said...

You crack me up! bet you open your Christmas presents early too! Love you back xx

Rebecca said...

Hehehe yeah I used to search the house for them every year...

Anonymous said...

It's just beautiful. Would it be wrong of me if I dress my boys up in something like this? .... I love it Shannon. xx v

S said...

Ah V! I do have a model the right sizeish why didn't I think of him? xx

Nadja said...

Magnificent! It is even lovelier than the one in the Grosgrain tutorial. I am so glad I finally had a second girl after four boys in a row...!

S said...

Thank you NJ - are you going to make one too?

Rebecca said...

It arrived! Its 100% as gorgeous as the pic! More-so even! Waiting for the perfect photo op... XX

Rebecca said...

Pics are now on FB darling. XX