Because I offered and because you said "yes please", I present my very first tutorial, I hope you enjoy it.
The big girl took photographs and read me stories from the Faraway tree as I sewed - thank you sweetheart xx
* a piece of wool felt - approx 6" square. I made my own felt but commercial wool felt is fine too. If you would like to make your own felt, the very talented Linda over at Natural Suburbia has a simple child friendly felting tutorial which you could use.
* small scraps of felt for the fins
* embroidery floss in your chosen colour. I like to use a contrast but really what ever you fancy
* a piece of pipe cleaner about 2.5" long
* about 10g of wool fleece for stuffing
* two beads or similar for eyes
* Oh! and my free seahorse pattern
The most important thing you need to remember when cutting the seahorse pattern pieces is to make the two body pieces mirror images/left and right sided - otherwise they won't go together and you will have to make two!
Right..once you have cut out your two body pieces put them wrong sides together and begin sewing with blanket stitch down toward the tail from the underside curve of the tummy.
continue in blanket stictch until you get to the outside curve of the tail - i.e you are starting up the back side of the seahorse. At that point put down the seahorse and get the short bit of pipe cleaner and a little bit of stuffing wool. Bend the pipe cleaner into the tail shape.